Homes for Sale in Campbell County VA
Campbell County Courthouse in Rustburg, VA
Campbell County is situated in the south central part of Virginia. Located in the Piedmont region of Virginia, Campbell borders the Blue Ridge Mountains. The county seat is Rustburg.
Grounded on a tobacco cash crop economy, Campbell County was created in 1782 from part of Bedford County. The county was named in honor of General William Campbell, hero of the Revolutionary War.
Campbell County is part of the Lynchburg Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, the county population is 54,842. The number of residents has grown steadily in every census after 1930, and the total population has more than doubled since that time.
The area that would become Campbell County was first settled by Europeans, initially Scotch-Irish Presbyterians, in the late 1730s. After nearly 50 years of immigration and development, the newly formed county was established in 1782. The independent city of Lynchburg was subsequently formed from the county in 1786.
From its earliest days, the county relied on tobacco as the primary cash crop and basis for the economy, though it also developed early manufacturing operations. Brookneal, with its strategic location on the Staunton River, was long an important tobacco and textile hub. However, the departure of manufacturing and the changing tobacco market has forced Campbell to transform from a mainly agricultural area into a mixture of suburban and rural communities.
Because of its low tax rate, homes in Campbell County are affordable. In recent years the county planners constructed a sewer line south along Rt. 29 and ending at the intersection of Route 24. A waterline has also been extended along Rt. 29 all the way through to Altavista, connecting to the Altavista water plant. These innovations serve many homes in Campbell County. Some of the popular homes in Campbell County are located include Russell Springs, Cresthaven, Lighthouse, Tavern Grove, Braxton Park, Rainbow Forest, Stonegate, Winston Ridge, Sherwood Forest, Holiday Forest, Lakewalk, Beverly Heights, Leesville Road Estates, Carriage Grove, and many more.
Homes for Sale in Campbell County VA Properties
- Best Realtor in Lynchburg VA
- Homes for sale in Forest, VA
- Living in Lynchburg!
- Top Neighborhoods in Forest VA
- Top Neighborhoods in Lynchburg VA
- Altavista VA
- Concord VA
- Evington VA
- Foreclosure Homes in Lynchburg VA
- Gladys VA
- Homes for Sale in Campbell County VA
- Homes For Sale in Cornerstone Lynchburg VA
- Homes for Sale in Jefferson Forest School District
- Homes for Sale in Lynchburg VA
- Homes for Sale in Lynchburg VA with Acreage
- Homes for Sale in Rustburg VA
- Homes For Sale in Wyndhurst
- Homes Near Liberty University Lynchburg VA
- Lynch Station VA
- Lynchburg VA
- Lynchburg VA Homes with Basements
- Lynchburg VA Homes with Pools
- Lynchburg VA MLS
- Lynchburg, VA
- Madison Heights VA
- Meet Our Team!
- Search MLS Lynchburg VA
- Townhomes for Sale in Cornerstone, Lynchburg VA
- Townhomes for Sale in Wyndhurst
- Waterfront Properties in Lynchburg VA
- What is My Home Worth in Forest VA
- What is My Home Worth in Lynchburg VA?