Homes for sale in Forest, VA
Poplar Forest, home of Thomas Jefferson
Forest is a rural suburb of Lynchburg, Virginia, containing many subdivided properties carved from and around surrounding farms and woodlands. The Ivy Hill community is the largest development and is built around the Ivy Hill Golf Course. The town has been experiencing rapid growth and development over the past 10 years, which is expected to continue into the near future. The recent construction of shopping centers along Forest Road evidence this recent growth.
Homes for sale in Forest are some of the most popular ones in the Lynchburg region. Many homes in Forest offer breathtaking mountain views and easy access to shopping and city services.
Forest is home to Jefferson Forest High School (the Cavaliers, 1400 students), Forest Middle School (the Knights, 1100 students), Forest Elementary School, Thomas Jefferson Elementary School, and New London Academy.
Forest has no real town center since the original one was torn down without a trace, but the area along U.S. Route 221 from the post office to the Forest Library is generally regarded as the central part of the community; however, technically the town extends all the way along Rt. 221 from the middle school to Graves Mill Shopping Center.
Speaking of homes in Forest, the most popular attraction of the town is Poplar Forest, the summer home of Thomas Jefferson, which is open to the public for visitation and is the subject of ongoing archaeological studies. This important Forest home is also used for events. Nearby attractions include Point of Honor in Lynchburg, the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford, and the Peaks of Otter in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The nearest urban center is downtown Lynchburg, approximately 10 miles (16 km) northeast of town. Forest is accessed via Route 221 and U.S. Route 460. The nearest rail line is Amtrak's Crescent train at the station in Lynchburg. The nearest major airport is Lynchburg Regional Airport offering commercial service through US Airways Express to Charlotte, North Carolina. Private charter flights are available through Virginia Aviation. There is also a public general aviation (GA) airport, New London Airport, which is open for all GA pilots.
IF YOU'RE A HOME OWNER IN THE REGION AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOUR HOME IS WORTH, VISIT MY EXCLUSIVE PRICING FEATURE AT SMARTHOMEPRICE.COM
Homes for sale in Forest, VA Properties
- Best Realtor in Lynchburg VA
- Homes for sale in Forest, VA
- Living in Lynchburg!
- Top Neighborhoods in Forest VA
- Top Neighborhoods in Lynchburg VA
- Altavista VA
- Concord VA
- Evington VA
- Foreclosure Homes in Lynchburg VA
- Gladys VA
- Homes for Sale in Campbell County VA
- Homes For Sale in Cornerstone Lynchburg VA
- Homes for Sale in Jefferson Forest School District
- Homes for Sale in Lynchburg VA
- Homes for Sale in Lynchburg VA with Acreage
- Homes for Sale in Rustburg VA
- Homes For Sale in Wyndhurst
- Homes Near Liberty University Lynchburg VA
- Lynch Station VA
- Lynchburg VA
- Lynchburg VA Homes with Basements
- Lynchburg VA Homes with Pools
- Lynchburg VA MLS
- Lynchburg, VA
- Madison Heights VA
- Meet Our Team!
- Search MLS Lynchburg VA
- Townhomes for Sale in Cornerstone, Lynchburg VA
- Townhomes for Sale in Wyndhurst
- Waterfront Properties in Lynchburg VA
- What is My Home Worth in Forest VA
- What is My Home Worth in Lynchburg VA?