This VHDA-financed FHA-insured home loan includes a second mortgage designed to help qualified borrowers who need down payment and closing costs assistance.
- Borrower(s) must have cash available equal to a minimum of 1% of the sales price.
- Second mortgage – 3.5% to 5% of sales price.
- Maximum second mortgage 3.5% for qualified borrowers with a 620 – 679 credit score or 5.0% for qualified borrowers with a 680 or greater credit score. The maximum second mortgage is based on the lower of sales price or appraised value.
- The 30-year fixed interest rate for the first and second (both VHDA-financed) mortgage is slightly higher than our standard fixed rate programs.
- The combined total of the two loans cannot exceed VHDA sales price limits.
- VHDA’s standard sales price and income limits apply.
General Eligibility Requirements
- The standard FHA application/disclosure, along with FHA Plus program applications and disclosure, is required.
- Buydowns are not available.
- Both payments are to be included in the FHA shelter ratio.
- FHA’s standard qualifying guidelines apply (Minimum 620 credit score).
- Closing for first and second mortgages occurs simultaneously.
- Payments for both the first and the second mortgage will be due on the same date and paid to the same servicer.
- Borrowers must complete a VHDA-approved Homeownership Education class.
For more information about FHA Plus, call me at (434) 660-9063 for a referral to a local lender qualified to service VHDA/FHA loans.