Many homeowners are pondering the question, “Should I list my home for sale now, going into the holidays and winter months, or wait until spring?” Well, here are 10 good reasons to list your home for sale right now.
1. Serious Buyers – Yes, there are fewer buyers, but those buyers who are in the market are usually very serious about making a purchase, or have to make a purchase. You won't get many tire kickers or nosey neighbors in winter.
2. Less Competition – Most sellers wait until spring or summer to list their home. This means that during the winter months your property will have far less competition versus any other time of the year.
3. Homes Show Better During the Holidays – Buyers love a home that can tell a story. The holidays ae a great time to show homes because the home is usually dressed for the holiday celebrations!
4. January is the Biggest Transfer Month – Did you know that more corporate moves happen during January than any other time of year? This may be a great reason to list your home during the winter.
5. Timing – By putting your home on the market during the winter you may be able to more easily hit your moving goals and priorities. After all, if you need to relocate now for personal, business or family reasons, should you really wait to sell?
6. More Time to Get Top Dollar – By starting to market your home early you may be able to secure a higher price. A smaller supply can yield a higher price for your home.
7. Great Time to Shop – If your home sells quickly you will be able to shop for your next home during the winter, a great time to find a bargain.
8. More Advertising – Because most Realtors and offices have less inventory during the winter your home will stand out with a comprehensive marketing program.
9. The Market – Today’s interest rates are close to 40-year lows. This gives buyers more spending power. And, when you begin shopping for your next home, you can benefit from the added buying power of the low interest rate on your new mortgage.
10. About 20% of the Homes in a Given Year Are Sold Between November and February – Buyers and sellers are usually quite motivated to get the transaction completed. This can mean less price haggling and fewer hassles during the inspection period.
So you see, there are quite a few benefits for moving forward!